Lady Home Hospital

The cottage hospital in Douglas was commissioned by the 12th Countess of Home in 1889. Funds were needed to run it, charitable donations, football matches, charging patients from outside the region and the local miners donation of a penny each kept it running for years. It has always been a caring hospital and continues to help local residents with the relief of their suffering.